Greek-Spiced Baked Shrimp


I love seafood. And I really love seafood with pasta.  
 Tonight I made an amazing spicy Greek Shrimp dish for my dad and a family friend. I found this recipe on Epicurious, decided I had to try it, but as usual I made a few changes. You can also choose how spicy you want it based on how much red pepper flakes you add. This dish is my kind of comfort food. The little hint of cinnamon and the feta cheese on top completes the entire meal, totally ahh.maz.ing!

Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
large handful of spinach 
1/2 tablespoon hot red-pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can diced tomatoes in juice
1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 pound feta, crumbled (2/3 cup)

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle. Cook onion and garlic in olive oil with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and spinach and simmer on low, uncovered for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Season shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt, then stir into tomato sauce. Transfer to a baking dish and top with feta. Bake until just cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. 
Serve over pasta or with rice and enjoy!

let's eat!

Comments